The Aries Headphone Amplifier and Preamp
It all comes down to this.
All of our discrete op amps and voltage regulators have come together to form our first piece of actual audio gear. The Aries Headphone Amplifier and Preamp. It utilizes our Pro discrete op amps for the main audio path, our DIP8 discrete op amps for managing line level inputs and outputs, and our discrete voltage regulators in the power supply.
All of this coupled with a precision stepped attenuator volume control and an interactive touch screen display yields what is quite possibly the finest heaphone amplifier and preamp that mankind has ever known.
Aries video collection
Here are several videos including a demo video that will give you the 2 minute tour of the unit, as well as review videos from Sound News, and Passion For Sound, and an unboxing video by Moon Audio.
Check them out, and enjoy.
Risk Free 30 day In Home Auditions. Try out the Aires on your rig, with your headphones, for 30 days with a money back guarantee. Five year warranty period.
Inputs and Outputs:
Input selection and gain settings are handled through a touch screen display. The volume and balance controls can be swapped as far as which one is which and are used to control a 64 step relay switched attenuator.
- 2 RCA Inputs
- Front Panel Input
- Optional XLR Input And XLR And RCA Outputs
- 3 Gain Settings +10, +20, +30 dB
- 64 Step, 1dB Per Step Attenuator For Volume And Balance
- 120V/240V 50Hz / 60 Hz AC Power Capability
- No Capacitors In The Signal Path
- DC And Overdrive Protection
- 2Hz - 350 KHz -3dB Bandwidth
- Precision 0.1% Tolerance Thin Film Resistors
- 355mA Peak, 14V Peak Output Capability
- Dimensions: Width 12.5" Height 4.0" Depth 12.5"
- Mu Metal Shielded Power Transformer
- Fully Discrete Audio Path Using Our SS2590 Discrete Op Amps
- Discrete Voltage Regulation Using Our SS78XX / SS79XX Discrete Regulators
- < 0.1 Ohm Output Impedance
- High Damping Factor
- 16 - 300 Ohm Headphone Impedance
- Touch Screen Control
- Customizable Touch Screen Colors
- All Connectors Are Gold Plated
- 1.6 uV RMS Noise at 0 db Gain 20 Hz - 20KHz Unweighted
- 9400uF Per Rail Power Supply Capacitance
Learn more about our discrete op amps and voltage regulators that power the Aries.
You know what to do.